Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Pet


While I have been adamantly against a feline pet addition to our household, I did strike a soft spot and cave a little bit -- Maddie now has a new fish friend to take care of.  Last weekend the family took a trip to the pet store and (with subtle input from our daughter) we picked out the required accessories.  The fish tank started out neutral until I opened my big mouth and broke the first rule of communicating with a 3Y2M old -- I provided poor options with only one obvious choice.  Not only did I provide poor options, but I already had the neutral tank in hand -- I actually revisited the fish tank section to point this one out!  I guess it compliments her room nicely....

Initial name of her new friend was "Fishy Claus"... that name however has morphed to Cinderella, which I think will stick from this point on.

No comments: