Wednesday, March 24, 2010

No More B's


On Sunday, our 2Y9M old parted ways with all of her binkies.  For the past couple weeks, we've been telling Maddie that she needs to give all of her b's to the Easter bunny -- because the Easter bunny had to give them to the other babies of course.  She seemed to be on board with the plan, although I wasn't fully confident Maddie was aware of the consequences.  Anyway, Sunday morning she found a pink bunny in the toybox and it went like this:

Maddie:  I have an idea!  I'm going to give all my b's to the bunny.... so she can give them to the babies!!

She then proceeded to collect all of her binkies.... and since it went this far, Cathy and I took it to the next level....

Mom and Dad:  We have a great idea, why doesn't the pink bunny throw all the b's in the garbage!!

Maddie:  Okay!

In the trash they went, and that was the end of that!  We're 4 days and 3 nights into it, no issues.  Honestly, I'm amazed.  She would never go to sleep without a binkie.... never.

As a celebratory treat we told her she could pick out something at the grocery store -- her request, strawberry ice cream.  She actually told me to get the camera and take the picture above.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! What a happy little girl. Think I'll get myself some strawberry ice cream.