Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Full fledged parents

I think it's safe to say we've hit that point where the kids have something going on every day of the week.  Girl scouts, piano, soccer, hockey, glee club, playing w/friends, homework... I guess no different than any other family that has a 9 and 7 y/o.  I'm actually very entertained by the parent conversations when I attend various events -- I naturally gravitate to those that share similar interests as my own, however I can't help to listen in (and sometimes jab) when I hear about certain topics.  My favorite, is the common parent grievance that kids get too much homework!!  That is certainly entertaining.  Between winter break1 and winter break2, half days, late starts, class parties, recess, snack time (don't get me started on that one), substitutes -- school couldn't be easier!  I'd be willing to bet, if I were to quit work, I could have both my kids at 8th grade levels in 1 year.  That's neither here nor there, although I do feel it my part to accelerate their learning outside of the robotic US educational system -- and teach them how to learn.  Between both of my kids since they started school, only 1 teacher knew how to teach!  To top it off, we are supposedly in one of the upper percentile school districts in MI -- I know every parent says that, but I mean it, statistically speaking.  Crazy.




No comments: