Saturday, December 21, 2013

Ridiculous




We usually make it out to the movies with the kids once/twice a year, and what better time to go then on a rainy December weekend.  So this morning I decided to take a look at movie times for "Frozen", which I've heard good things about.  Found a good time and went to buy tickets online, went to submit order and they tried to hit me with a $4.00 "Booking Fee"!!  Are you kidding me?  

First off, I'm taking the burden off theatre employees -- reducing overhead to process tickets, thus already improving their margins.

Second, I cannot even reserve a seat!  

What do I, as a customer, gain by this $4.00 payment.  The only value to me is that I don't have to wait in line for 1 minute and purchase tickets on site.

Needless to say, I will be making my ticket purchase live at the theatre.  Furthermore, once you get inside, you have to pay 3 times the normal amount for snacks -- which is why I'll be sneaking treats inside today.

Theater experience = Ridiculous

No comments: