Monday, September 16, 2013

Whopper vs Bacon Turkey Bravo



Ever order the Bacon Turkey Bravo at Panera Bread?  Well I have, pretty much every time I'm in the joint.  After I'm done I definitely feel over capacity, but it's Panera Bread -- it has to be healthy for you right?

I began to wonder, how does this compare to the traditional fast foods out there?  Naturally I landed on the Whopper, as a former Burger King employee with over three months experience -- during which time I worked my way up from the steamer, to the burger board, to the Whopper board, to the specialty board, then all the way up to the cash register and drive-thru -- I was motivated kid back in 1994, who wouldn't be for minimum wage at the time, $4.25 an hour!  While I was diversifying my skill set at BK, everything was on the up-and-up except my hourly wage.  So I quickly found another job making $7.00 an hour mopping floors in a kitchen, my burger flipping days came to an abrupt end.  However I do hold a place in my heart, and belly, for the good ol' Whopper.

I only eat a Whopper at most 1 time a year now (usually on long road trips to visit family) since it's way too unhealthy to consume more of these flame broiled heart attacks on a regular basis.  So I often choose to eat the Bacon Turkey Bravo over traditional fast food -- plus it's so much nicer in Panera Bread, the ambiance makes you feel as though they care about appearance right?  Well, maybe not yours:

Bacon Turkey Bravo (from Panera Bread website):




Whopper (from Burger King website):


No comments: