Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cutting edge


I still try to get in some activity time with Madison at night, most recent focus on sounds for each letter and piecing together words -- starfall.com has been a great site for learning both.  I have to admit though, I definitely have been more skewed towards technical learning and probably haven't put in enough time with fine motor skills -- scissors being one of them.  We did buy Maddie scissors a few months back but it appeared she wasn't quite ready... or I wasn't ready.  Well the time has arrived, Maddie received homework last week -- lacing and cutting exercises!  I was actually excited to get working on them with her, it's nice to have a syllabus to work off of.  At first she struggled quite a bit to even cut a straight line, 3 nights later -- she's working the zig-zag. 

No comments: