Thursday, November 18, 2010

Time Savings


Too many times I have been witness to, or guilty of, spending way too much time searching for that one last piece to go with a child's toy set.  I've pretty much seen every parent I know do it.  Their kid asks for a piece to a toy that's typically smaller than a quarter, and the parent spends 30 minutes trying to find it!  I've actually seen parents combing the house -- without request from their kids -- trying to find that elusive last piece.  The best part, if your kid did ask where that last blue ducky magnet was AND you actually rediscover it -- they only use it for one minute and move on.  Let's stop wasting our time here!  I'm declaring today,  I will not spend more than one minute searching for a useless toy piece that only satisfies my childrens' toy hunger for 30 seconds or less.  I have written about my efficiency gains when it comes to snapping a picture of my children, now it's on to improving issues that involve (time) waste management. 

No comments: