Thursday, September 30, 2010

Spica Cast Removal: Days 0 - 2.5


The ca-cast-trophe is over!  Although I quickly realized that my spica updates are still required -- now the question is, what's he like with the cast off?  I was thinking Dylan would have string bean legs -- however it was the waist where the only noticeable change took place.  I couldn't tell until I changed his diaper, better than I was expecting though.

Dylan did hit the ground crawling!  He started crawling as soon as I put him on the floor when we got back from the doctor.  He could sit up too, but lost his reflexes -- Dylan didn't try to catch himself when he was going down -- similar to when a baby first learns to sit up. 

Now, at +2.5 days from cast removal, he's starting to get nice and sturdy -- sitting more upright and trying very hard to pull himself up to stand.  He actually did pull himself up to standing, but was sort of doing a split at the same time.  I can already tell things will progress rather quickly.

No comments: