Sunday, December 20, 2009

Maddie - Notables 2

I was tending to Dylan in the living room while Maddie was playing at her table in the kitchen. A few (silent) minutes went by and I figured it was time to question her unsupervised activity:

Dad: Maddie! What are you doing?

Maddie: Coloring!

Dad: Oh yeah, what are you coloring?

Maddie: The chair!

Yup, that's right... and not only was she coloring the chair, but she was using a marker! Lucky for me, she only colored on the wood (not the fabric). I was able to wipe away the artwork in no time, with no evidence of my parental mishap.

_______________________________________

Mom recently taught Maddie where to find Dad's loose change (coins) in the night stand... from there she learned how to transfer this newly discovered wealth to her very own signature piggy bank.

One morning Cathy and I were in the living room, granting free reign of the house to our daughter. I decided to sneak a peak in Maddie's room since there was a long (mischievous)silence. Just as I was rounding the corner, I see Madison trying to wedge a $20 bill into her piggy bank!! Unfortunately for me, I also keep my wallet next to my loose change... apparently the nickels and dimes weren't cutting it!

_______________________________________


We've been (patiently) teaching Madison how to trace letters of the alphabet. We usually get through 5-6 letters per night before her mind wanders a bit, and some letters she can do better than others. It really depends on her motivation on the particular day. The pic below is from the first four letters she ever traced.

No comments: